Practical Details for Durable Buildings
These days contractors need to stand out from the crowd as much as possible. When you know how to save customer's homes from destructive moisture problems, you look like a hero!
It's a home owner's worst enemy and daunting to contractors--unless you know what to do. That's where The JLC Guide to Moisture Control comes in.
Water can be a building's most devastating problem, which is why we try so hard to keep it out of our homes and living spaces, and why homeowners need (really need) contractors who know how to do the job right.
From roof to basement, The JLC Guide to Moisture Control is a practical guide for contractors on how to keep moisture out of a house. The editors of JLC have pulled together the best advice from dozens of experts on foundations and drainage, air and vapor control, exterior cladding, roof systems, and mechanical ventilation.
The JLC Guide to Moisture Control is filled with practical details and effective solutions for the kinds of serious moisture problems afflicting today's tighter and better sealed houses. And it includes a comprehensive troubleshooting guide, including advice for dealing with mold and rot.
Fully illustrated and written in plain English, this book is perfect for contractors looking for practical ways to combat the costly damage caused by vapor, water, and ice in today's homes.
- Vapor barrier do's and don'ts
- Practical advice for cold, mixed, and hot climates
- How to keep basements and crawlspaces dry
- Proper flashing for windows and doors
- Water-managed wall systems for optimal siding performance
- Storm-proof stucco details
- Keeping paints and stains on exterior wood
- Vented and unvented roof solutions
- Leak-free flashing details
- Low-cost, effective, whole-house ventilation
Published by: Journal of Light Construction
410 Pages, 8-1/2 x 11
Order Online 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year
© Artemis Hunt, Inc. Contractor City® is a registered trademark.