Take the agony out of change orders!
Uncover hidden cost items and receive full compensation for them. Each chapter of Contractor’s Guide To Change Orders: How To Resolve Disputes And Get Paid contains step-by-step procedures. Checklists, full-size forms, and word-for-word letters to help you increase your acceptance rate and get paid for all changed on the job - without disputes or misunderstandings. Shows how to find, document, and negotiate payment for every added delay and expense that slips past your early warning system.
Contractor’s Guide To Change Orders is designed to give you valuable guidance and working tools for increasing profits. Everything you need for lean, advantageous contract interpretation is in this single-volume workbook. You will be able to uncover all the hidden cost items for which you are entitled to receive compensation. What the architect would have previously clarified, for example, the owner will now process and pay for as a change order.
With this expanded new edition of Contractor's Guide to Change Orders in hand, contractors working on projects of any size - from remodeling jobs to skyscrapers - will have all the ammunition needed to:
Each chapter contains step-by-step procedures, checklists, full-sized forms, and word-for-word letters that combine to make up the blueprint for the successful submittal of change orders. You will get all the information you need to increase your effectiveness in requesting change orders, while simplifying your work and boosting your change order approval rate and recovery.
- Keep hidden construction delays and expenses from draining profit. (Only a fraction of chargeable amounts are ever identified by the owner or architects involved.)
- Identify trouble spots in the contract, plans, specifications and site that are likely to result in added costs or delays.
- Find, document and negotiate payment for every added delay and expense that slips past your "early warning system."
- Negotiate and resolve change order disputes at every level so you are always a step ahead.
- Put all the facts on your side so that, if all else fails, you have ironclad evidence to support your claim during arbitration or litigation.
Well-known in construction circles, author Andy Civitello draws on well over two decades of experience and shares literally dozens of timesaving tools tailored to the needs of busy contractors like you who don't have time or desire to wade through some academic textbook.
"Contractor’s Guide To Change Orders: How To Resolve Disputes And Get Paid" is like having a lawyer on call to help you out, at a fraction of the cost!
- Define construction contracts that favor your interests.
- Uncover potential change orders in your contracts, bid documents, plans and specifications-before they “surprise” you.
- Pinpoint and assign dollar values to all extra-cost components, delays, interruptions and interferences.
- Prepare complete and legally airtight change order proposals.
- Get paid for time delays, rather than winding up with a “granted” time extension, when dealing with government agencies.
- Speed up the entire change order process with proven countermeasures that prevent stalemates...letters that end procrastination...and follow-ups that get results.
- Control and monitor your subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers and owners in a manner that best suits you!
- Negotiate and resolve change order disputes to your advantage.
- Manage your paperwork so nothing get overlooked.
- Strengthen your position when preparing for arbitration or litigation.
By: Andrew M. Civitello Jr. with William D. Locher, J.D.
Published by: BNi Building News
382 Pages, 8-1/2 x 11
Order Online 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year
© Artemis Hunt, Inc. Contractor City® is a registered trademark.